Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Trellis hits the nail on the pulse

For once, Mrs Trellis addresses the right person.

Dear Mr Scrote, she writes, I have to tell you that I don't like the tone of your last contribution. The late Mr Trellis, of blessed memory (mostly) always used to say "Never quit till you are beaten". In his case, I never used anything more brutal than a hairbrush, but I could still make him "quit", to use his quaint expression for it.
It's none of my business, of course, Mr Scrote, but if you are into some kind of BDSM thing with your editor, you can't expect everything to run as smooth as cockwork.
I suggest you take a break from book and beatings, get away somewhere, recharge your batteries - assuming you use them - get a prospective on things.
In fact, although I am not in the habit of inviting strange men into my home (and you are strange, no offence), you would be welcome to pop in for a glass of water from the Llanfairpg well, and a sliver of Caerphilly on a crust of bara brith, although you, being an inland person, probably aren't into seaweed.

No comments: