Thursday, November 27, 2008

Trellis on Thanksgiving

Dear Rabbi Sachs, she writes, I so enjoyed your little piece on Thought for the Day about counting our blessings. It makes a change from moaning about problems all the time, the way that awful Scrote person does.
So I counted my blessings and found I had seventeen, which might seem a lot for an unpresumptive Welsh widow, but it does include such items as not suffering from varicose veins and having an unopened bottle of medicinal sloe gin in the cupboard.
You're a good man, even if you are Jewish, when you could easily have been a Primitive Methodist, and no snipping. The only other person of your faith that I know of is Rabbi Burns, who wrote incomprehensive poetry and lived off haggis.
If you are ever in Llanfairpg, do call in and we can have a nice theophysical chat over a plate of kosher Welsh Leek Soup.
Yours already
Blodwen Trellis, Mrs, Widow, retd.

No comments: