Saturday, July 20, 2019

Gopher it!



I recently received an email with an attachment about the Gopher Tortoise. In the body of the email there was a plea that I should revive this venerable blog (Old Scrote's Home). Because the request came from my Turkish grandson***, I have no choice but to obey - you know how the young always manage to have their way with the old.
So, above, is a picture of a group of Floridan children admiring what, to me, looks like a crusty meat pie on legs.
There, Deniz, torunum benim, you have succeeded in rousing me from my lethargy, though I cannot be sure how long it will last!

*** You might wonder how I come to have a Turkish grandson. I also have a Brazilian granddaughter, Bruna (whom I still think of as Bruninha, even though she is now married and a mother). It's no mystery: I like to collect bright young people to keep my brain from atrophying.

No comments: