Thursday, November 10, 2011

Still aching, still sweating

Latest on the Scrote maladies: after a thorough examination yesterday at the Assessment Clinic, the nice lady came up with the provisional diagnosis that I have "reactive arthritis", which seems to mean that the bad part, the left knee, is causing any arthritis elsewhere in my joints to flare up. Blood tests will confirm her diagnosis, and if she's right, they will put me on some kind of anti-inflammatory treatment, possibly steroids. Better than my doctor's nightmare scenarios of hip and knee replacements. The night sweats continue quite dramatically, record so far: soaked three pairs of pyjamas and six pillows in one night.
Get me the number for the Guinness Book of Records, Jeeves.

[Cartoon courtesy of Fibro of Oz]

No comments: