Saturday, July 05, 2008

Mrs Trellis dabbles in politics

A surprisingly serious contribution from my faithful North Wales correspondent.

Dear Desmond, or may I call you Bishop Tutu, she writes, I deduct from your recent blog entries that you are a person with a great diversion of interests: nature, women, politics, and even religion sometimes. While I do not adhere to your particular demonination, I admire very much your stand on some of the pernicious issues of the day, particularly your opposition to recognising that man-and-wife could include man-and-man (I make no reference to lebanese women, since I don't think they really exist outside of men's fantasies).
But I am a little disappointed at your opposition to the ordinization of women bishops. It seems to me that once a person dons the episcopal frock and speaks with a deep cathedral voice, nobody will know the difference, well, as long as they don't peek under the frock, that is, pardon my indelicatecy.
Before I close, I want to congratulate you on speaking out against that awful Mugabe person. He's a real nasty piece of work and no mistake, but I hate him mainly because he's black.
Yours in faith (Primitive Methodist, that is)
Blodwen Trellis, Mrs, Widow, retired.

No comments: