Saturday, January 16, 2010

Scooters and nannies


In my twenties, I had a Lambretta Li 150 scooter, much like the one in this photograph, except that mine was all blue. I was reminded of this when I saw a photograph on Bruninha's Facebook of the scooter she rode during her recent holiday in Argentina. Bruninha was my daughter's nanny the last time I was in San Diego, and a nicer, prettier and more interesting youngster you couldn't wish for.
In the gloom of the current Fenland winter, I don't know which memory pleases me more: Bruninha or the scooter. I was fond of them both, but, alas, they are now part of that cavernous mausoleum called The Past.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had a 1957 Lambretta 125, and it opened up the country for me. Nice, simple, reliable, little machines. Happy days (although I think I might see it as a 'fairweather' plaything nowadays).
Cheers, Mike.