Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Upright, almost

That's it! I've had enough! After a week of living in my pyjamas sdraiato sul letto, and occasionally upright in my dressing gown wandering around the house like a geriatric Noel Coward smelling of embrocation, I decided this sunny afternoon to get dressed in my day clothes and sit in the garden pretending to be well again.
And I enjoyed it, despite the occasional lower back twinge. Birds getting into breeding mood, bumble bees bumbling and celandines and violets popping up all over the lawn - a mechaieh!
Staying in bed all his life writing his magnum opus might have suited Marcel Proust, but I need a degree of verticality in my life. After all, what's the point of being six foot four if you don't show it off. Bad back permitting, of course.

No comments: