Sunday, August 07, 2011

Trellis offers her best wishes

The Welsh widow sends her greetings to an old friend.

Dear Mrs Samarkand, she writes, I understand you are having dinner this coming Thursday evening with Mrs Angit. I used to like a girls' night out myself with my friend Gwynneth Pritchard, you know, the one with the squint and the warts. But since that time her hubby sprayed her with dieldrin, she has  gone all withdrawn into herself, as the saying goes.
Anyway, you and Mrs A, have a good time, and don't do anything I wouldn't do . And if the evening isn't going too sparkly, try pinching the waiters' bums. It always brought tears to my eyes whenever Gwynneth did that, specially as her aim wasn't very good.
Yours sisterlily
Blodwen Trellis, Mrs, widow, retd, unabashed.

No comments: