Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Houses on fire

I couldn't resist taking this picture a couple of mornings ago as I looked out of from my kitchen window. Most of the houses are white-painted, but in the first light of dawn, and especially given that angry sky, they were a fiery red that took my breath away. Minutes later, the light changed and the houses went back to normal. Most of the time, most of us at such photographable moments say "I wish I had my camera with me." On this occasion, I did. I stood on the parapet wall of the patio to get elevation and clicked away. I am glad my new neighbours didn't see me because I was in one of my more florid djellabiyahs, all a-flap in the morning breeze.

2 comments:

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Beautiful!! A tuly magical sight.

Be careful on the parapet, though. We don't want you falling off in your djellaba, although the neighbors might enjoy it.

Jake Allsop said...

Heart, my great ambition in life is to get through it without falling over.

IamLE, I am so glad you weren't there to take a photograph of me! I think the birds you are describing were starlings (Sigircik in Turkish).