Saturday, November 11, 2006

What I have done today


What I have done today
by
J Allsop, aged 70½
True.

Made a chicken curry (to be reheated later. Yummy!)
Swept and washed the kitchen floor
Cleaned the cooker hob (properly)
Dusted the house to get rid of cobwebs
Vacuumed and polished the car
Vacuumed the Land Rover
Cleaned my workshop
Cleaned the shelving in the garage
Swept the garage
Cleared up all the fallen leaves down the side of the house
Wrapped the three garden chair cushions in black polythene and put them in the roof

It is three pm and I now feel aged 80½. I propose to take a break.

PS Who says that retirement isn't a fulfilling period in one's life?

2 comments:

Nea said...

All I did was shovell snow for six hours, but it did at times feel like concrete and if I don't feel like 80 now, I probably will tomorrow morning.

Jake Allsop said...

A long soak in the tub should fix that, Nea. PS, what is "snow"? :-)