Friday, April 03, 2009

Forever Amber

The lady from EAGA, whose name is in fact Amber, wrote to me again, this time telling me I qualified for the £300 discount on the cost of the installation of my new central heating boiler. Thank god I didn't return the four long-life light bulbs.
So, da guys are coming next Wednesday to fit the new boiler, and whatever it costs (which is a lot), it will be three hundred sovs below quote, thanks to Amber. Amber, I will remember you forever.
And if you guys understand THAT allusion, you must be as old as I am!

2 comments:

Mary Strachan Scriver said...

Gee, I AM as old as you! But it was my father who had a paperback copy of "Forever Amber" that I found and read. I'll never forget her lace dress with NOTHING under it! Even at my age (no bumps, no fuzz) I thought that was shocking!

And maybe breezy.

Prairie Mary

Jake Allsop said...

No wonder Amber walked around with her lips tightly pursed. I was too young to see the movie, so I had to make do with the lurid poster!
Good to hear from you again.