Sunday, April 05, 2009

They're on their way!

My colleague Paul saw three Yellow Wagtails on the fen yesterday, one of the summer visitors that we all love to see. This is the first record for 2009. Other species due to arrive soon include Wheatear, Ring Ousel and Turtle Dove, as well as all the warblers. Today, I trolled round half the fen and found nothing, well, I did at least see two pairs of Lapwing looking as if they were going to breed. But if I don't find, say, a Wheatear soon, I might take up another hobby altogether. Flower arranging maybe.

1 comment:

Nea said...

We just had friends visiting from nearby Norway. They see eagles every day. Just a few miles to the East and we're lucky if we see an eagle once a year.

Please try trolling the other half, they've got to be there somewhere.

Happy Easter!