Monday, February 28, 2011

Scrote the Boxer

As you can see, I am still frittering away my time making nestboxes instead of using my God-given talents on worthwhile projects like painting the chimney and repointing the bathroom. Number 1 is a new-style Kestrel box, wide and shallow, in contrast to the conventional design, Number 2, which is narrow and deep. Number 3 is in the process of becoming an indoor Barn Owl box made from a tea chest. I have added an internal base, and all it needs now is a front with an access hole.
The animals are optional: 1 has a baby polar bear (thank you, Angit), 2 has a Rupert Bear (thank you, an old flame who shall remain nameless) and 3 has a Kiwi (thank you Joe, Matthew and Alfie).
Envoi: the sharp-eyed among you will notice that I forgot to stain one side of the Number 1 box. What do you want from me? Perfection? OK, I promise to be perfect from now on.

No comments: