Monday, September 12, 2011

Gotta getta gate

One day when my ship comes in, I will have a fancy gate erected on the north side of the house. In the meantime, I decided to make do with the old one: replace the rotted posts and rehang the existing gate. My good mate David H came round and wielded the sledge hammer to drive the metal post wedges in. Bless him, he went home exhausted and dissatisfied that the wedges were not completely upright.
I decided to use them anyway, and, as you can see, the result is not very pretty, but serviceable for a while. No, let's be honest, it's bloody ugly. Anyone seen a ship coming in?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you have a secure back yard, you need to get a dog. I'm sure Julie would agree with me!

Jake Allsop said...

Not quite secure yet - if you look at either side of the gate, you will see that the mesh fencing is missing. Another job for a less windy day.
Julie will surely agree with you, whoever you are!
J