Thursday, January 05, 2012

Trellis is surprised

I publish this latest missive from the good lady of North Wales without comment.
Dear Mrs Samovar, she writes, a little bird told me that A CERTAIN PERSON came to stay with you last week. All I can say, dear, is that you are a braver woman than I am. That CERTAIN PERSON is notorious for eating everything in sight, drinking endless cups of tea and forever walking about for no apparent reason. I hope at least that he was kind to your dogs, and maybe even spent time stroking your pussy (He doesn't get on well with cats as a rule).
Anyway,  look after yourself, dear, and know that I admire your kindness to dumb animals, including  to the CERTAIN PERSON referred to above.
Yours in sisterly solidarity
Blodwen Trellis, Widow, retd, no serious offer refused

No comments: