Saturday, November 30, 2013

Trellis gives advice


Mrs T is keeping her finger on the grindstone as usual.
Dear Stephen Fry, she writes, I do admire how you can do so many things, and some of them quite well, but I hadn't realised you went around collecting languages. I will be honest, I hadn't heard of the Beriberi people, but I can see why you enjoyed their lingo so much, all full of dirty words and references to the private parts. I am, as anyone will tell you, as broadminded as the next bigot, but your obsession with the naughty bits bothers me. You should have grown out of it by now even if you are a nancy. You're a nice boy, mostly, so why don't you get over it, start afresh, maybe take up a nice hobby, or some kind of socially-useful work, like scouting or helping with the Duke of Attenborough's Award?
Your helpfully
Blodwen Trellis, Mrs, Widow, retd.

No comments: