Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Me and Jodie Foster

I love Jodie Foster.
Well, let me qualify that.
If I could, I would love Jodie Foster.
In the meantime, I have a real beef.
Having seen her first in a movie called "Taxi Driver" and later in a movie called "The Accused", I was stunned by her acting ability (as well as by some other very attractive bits of her). Well, ok, I guess the first time she shook up my platelets was in "Bugsy Malone", although I think she was outclassed by other actors and scenes in that movie.
Since then, I have seen her in a number of movies, and I am disappointed, not because she doesn't work her b off to play the part well, but because the movies in which she appears are so second-rate. For me, the exception is "Contact". But "Panic Room" and "Flightplan" are just potboilers by comparison. Mind you, she's making a few zillion bucks so she should worry.
Let me confess: I haven't seen "Silence of the Lambs", not because I am a vegetarian, but because I would rather she and Anthony Hopkins would get back to doing good stuff.
I am told that Jodie Foster is an icon in the lesbian community. Well, if the ladies in sensible shoes can do anything to get her the roles she deserves, I for one will be well pleased.

No comments: