Thursday, February 22, 2007

Second time around


Let it not be said that I am not a fairminded person. Today, the memory of the last showing having faded, I decided to watch The DaVinci Code movie again (only this time with subtitles so I could have an idea of what that mumbling French bitch was saying). So, I fired up the DVD and then: .
FIRST: a long spiel about piracy - even though my DVD is legit, I begin to feel guilty;
SECOND: one of those pages about copyright that they must know nobody reads;
THIRD: a blank screen for about ten seconds. OK, time to cool down. The movie is on its way....
And then
FOURTH: a series of screens clearly activated by a three-toed sloth:
Tara!!!!!!!!!
Columbia Pictures
[pause]
Tara!!!!!!!!
Imagine Entertainment
[pause]
Tara!!!!!!!!!
Skylark Productions
[pause]
Tara!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[pause]
Columbia Pictures
and
Imagine Entertainment
present
Tara!!!!!!!!!!
[pause]
The DaVinci Code!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By which time all the above crap, plus that awful incidental music (I think it's meant to suggest sanctity, but it would be perfect for an attack of irritable bowel syndrome), have reduced me to a state which is much worse than hate. I have become indifferent.
So, fair-minded as I may be, I threw the DaVinci Code into the charity bin and went to my workshop to make a Barn Owl box.
But don't let me put you off. If you are a manic depressive, a cerebrally-challenged dwarf-molester or an insomniac, and preferably deaf, it might be just the movie for you.

No comments: