Thursday, February 01, 2007

Rabbits!

This morning, as I awoke to the realisation that it was the first of the month, I shouted "Rabbits!" Of course there was nobody to hear me, and my sleep had been dreamless, bereft of sweethearts or trainsets, but I shouted it anyway.
Because you have to.
Shout "Rabbits!", that is.
On the first day of each month.
At least, that's what my mother told me.
And, if it is to be effective, it must be the FIRST THING YOU SAY.
Otherwise, you will be deprived of the luck that shouting rabbits on the first day of the month will bring you.

How many daft superstitions do you still observe?

1 comment:

Jake Allsop said...

Good for you! Every time I walked the munchkins to Grant's, the local coffee house (it also sells Gummy Bears), they insisted that we should walk the whole three blocks without stepping on any cracks. You might also like to know that you need to step on 529 paving slabs between the house and the coffee shop. Not many people in Huntingdon know that.