Saturday, February 17, 2007

There has to be an explanation....

Please disregard the last posting. I have just discovered the problem: I have a poltergeist. I just dropped a lid on my kitchen floor and it DISAPPEARED. The kitchen floor is made up of marble flagstones, everything on it is totally visible. But not the lid. IT IS NOT THERE.
In my bedroom - forgive me, I don't want to become too intimate with you on this - I keep a torch in the bedside table drawer. I have a horror of being caught in the dark in my pyjamas. The torch, when I looked last night (just checking, you never know when a freak thunderstorm might bring the powerlines down), it was NOT THERE.
You see the pattern? I could have used the TORCH to look for the LID. This is one sneaky poltergeist.
I believe it is the same mischievous spirit that removed the potatoes from the boiling water this evening, although, of course, I can't prove it.
I just know, Horatio, that there are more things in my philosophy than are dreamt of in heaven and earth. Hell, that can't be right. I can't even remember a simple quotation now. Bloody poltergeist.

No comments: