Monday, December 15, 2008

Something is happening to me...

Something is happening to me. I just switched off a TV programme starring Nigella Lawson. Damn. Dr Johnson is reputed to have said "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." (That was before congestion charges).
So, have I grown tired of dear Nigella, and therefore of life?
Not really. It's not her bosom I am turning away from, it's her cooking. She's good, very good, culinarily speaking, but I can't take any more of this "Here is a fabulous dish to stun your family and guests at your Christmas dinner".
What family? What guests? If I am lucky, I might get a Wood Mouse come down the chimney.
When a man is tired of Nigella's bazoom, he is just trying to get through Christmas. I'll be back, girl, you can depend on it.

No comments: