Tuesday, May 31, 2011

MRC Cognitive and Ageing Study II

The above study is being carried out by the Department of Public Health and Primary Care in the Institute of Public Health of the University of Cambridge. Forgive me, I must pause for breath after that mouthful....
That's better.
Now, I agreed to be interviewed, and was, the other day by a fine lady called Dianne Scott. Two and half hours of Q-and-A about every aspect of my ageing life, together with various physical, verbal and visual tests. Oh yes, I almost forgot - and a series of memory tests too.
It turns out that "for a man of your age, Mr Allsop, I must say you don't look a day over ninety-three."  No, she didn't say that, but she did find out that my hearing isn't 100% any more, and that my knees prevented me from doing one of those sit-down-stand-up-sit down tests. Even with grunts. Heigh ho.
The fine lady said that she will visit and interview me again in two years' time.
It's nice to have yet another reason to stay alive.
I just hope I remember the appointment and can still hear what she says to me in 2013.

No comments: