Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Happy Bunny


Today, I am serene because I have masses of Red Admiral butterflies on the ivy that grows in my thorn hedge, and which is now in flower. Not only Red Admirals, but Peacocks, Painted Ladies and a Comma as well.So, I find it hard to compose this week's Grumpy Old Man posting. The Buddha said: "If you cannot say good of a person, say nothing." I have been making a mental list of the people about whom, if I follow the Buddha's teaching, I have nothing to say.
Is it a function of getting older that there puts more and more people on the no-thank-you list, and fewer and fewer on the yes-please list?
I can remember my Headmaster putting a comment on my School Report to the effect "He does not suffer fools gladly." It has taken me until now to realise what he meant, and also to realise that it is not a compliment.
Time enough to be grumpy; maybe next week, when the dark season sets in.
But today, my beloveds, the sun is shining on the ivy, and on the jewels feeding thereon, and also on this Old Scrote. Why not be a happy bunny for once?

No comments: