Saturday, October 14, 2006

Wyken Hall and The Leaping Hare

Yesterday, I had lunch with my dear friend and co-author Tricia Aspinall at a place called Wyken Hall, which is near Bury St Edmunds in the county of Suffolk. The Hall itself is a fine Jacobean pile, with beautiful gardens and a whole lot of interesting domestic animals roaming the place. There is also a working farm and, best of all, a splendid restaurant called The Leaping Hare. The weather was perfect, the company excellent, the meal superb and the walk round the grounds afterwards memorable. I wouldn’t normally post a pic of my knobbly old face, but I thought you should know what a man does when he is sublimely content: he leans on his stick and smiles.

1 comment:

Jake Allsop said...

Of course. I think it's a fine walking stick. I bought it years back in San Diego, and I haven't worn it out yet!