Monday, August 06, 2007

Just a Minuet

Mrs Trellis is quick to intervene:
Dear Knickerless Parsons, she writes, I understand what you mean about intervention, etc, having once or twice caught your programme Just a Minuet, but I have to tell you that I am not a regular fan, mostly because I gave up dancing once my knee went. Also, I hate how your guests keep intervening each other. Rude, it is, if you ask me.
Be that as it may, I am, like you, a student of languages, having been brought up to be bisexual, speaking Welsh at home, and English with foreigners. And I am glad to say that I got by all right without anybody, to the best of my recollection, interfering with me.
PS May I say that you are one of the prettiest men I have ever seen on television. I do hope, though, that you are not one of those homophones that seem to be getting everywhere these days. Although with a first name like yours, I have my doubts.

No comments: