Tuesday, June 01, 2010

N-dubz

In the course of a heated discussion on Cambirds, someone made reference to "N-dubz". I had no idea what that meant, and neither did another member of the group, P. I love the exchanges which followed. First a query from P:
Sent: 01 June 2010 16:55 To: cambirds@yahoogroups.com From P: "I have had a long think and I know I am ignorant but what please are or is N-dubz?"
Then, a reply from S.
To P, From S: "Ashamed to say I know, but N-dubz are a rap (music) band. You know the type,they sound like a combination of someone building a shed whilst nailing their feet to the floor, and a steam hammer. So you can practice, just say these words in quick succession whilst wearing a baseball hat backwards - you'll soon see what I mean: "ooh, ah, chi, chi,wolla, wolla, bang, crash, f***, wow, bang, init, crash, woop, crash, ting.""
I thank the Dear that I have never heard this group, and, with luck, never will.

No comments: