Saturday, October 08, 2011

Cynical knees

You know how French schoolboys refer to Shakespeare as "le chat qui expire". Well, when I was a young shaver. Diogenes was known humorously as "dodgy knees". So, I feel quite justified in describing my knees as cynical.
What I find odd is that the doc, he of salad cream fame, is diagnosing a dodgy left hip in need of repair or replacement. How is that going to solve my two-knees-in-agony problem? I think he was a bit quick with his diagnosis, his mind was probably on cricket or the senior nurse's nether regions. Or am I just being cynical?
Anyway, we will know next Wednesday, when I am to be referred to an orthopaedic surgeon for a second opinion. Let's hope HIS mind is on MY nether regions, he can leave the ogling of the nurses to me.

No comments: