Saturday, October 13, 2007

Bugger off, Trellis B.

I am a very tolerant man, specially when it comes to the ladies, but I think Mrs T has gone what we call TOO FAR this time. All the same, in the interests of free speech (Voltaire: I disagree with everything you day, and It really pisses me off that I am the kind of shlemiel who will defend to the death your right to say it), here is her latest, and, according to my mind (Bless you, Burhan) , most vitriolic, piece.

Dear Rabbi Newman, she writes, I am sure you have noticed, as I have, that the Scrote person makes constant reference to various sexual derivations. Personally I am with Queen Victoria in such matters: just don't do it in the street because it might frighten the horses and you can't make lesbianism illegal because there's no such thing. All the same, I am sure you as a religious man with no experience of sex will agree with the late Mr Trellis' view that any sex act that does not have procreation as its aim and object is an immoral act. It so happens that the poor man had a very bad aim, but that's by the way. I think you should excommunify the Scrote person, or at the very least put a murrain on her cattle. Yours piously Blodwen Trellis, Mrs, Widow, Primitive Methodist

2 comments:

Nea said...

I asked a 14 year old male student not to call his friend the Swedish equivalent of "bugger" the other day. I explained that he could offend people who might be "buggers", for example, what if I myself were one, then I might get upset at him using it as a term of abuse.
The young gentleman then explained carefully to me that I, as a female could not be a "bugger", but I would, in such a case be a lesbian, and if that were so then it wouldn't be a problem, in fact it would be "sexy".

Jake Allsop said...

Thank you, Nea, but you might have gathered by now that I and political correctness are strangers to each other, especially when pc depends on obscure etyomologies. In this case, I had no intention of suggesting that Mrs T was of Bulgarian origin....