Sunday, March 01, 2009

Boxing Day

Yesterday (Saturday 28 February) was springlike and encouraged me to get on with some joinery. I have been given four ex-military boxes made of ply, each one potentially convertible into two indoor Barn Owl boxes.

Step One
Cut the military box in half. Not easy because the wood is flimsy (3-ply plywood), and because of the hidden interior battens.

Step Two
Secure the first "half-box" with interior battens

Step Three
Spend rest of the day cutting and drilling and screwing to complete the batten work and to provide fronts for the two boxes.

As I had no Barn Owls readily available, I provided a couple of temporary residents: Rupert Bear, and a Teddy Bear, the latter given to me by my granddaughter Kiki "so you won't be lonely, grandpa".
Isn't that nice?!

No comments: