Thursday, March 05, 2009

The passing of Upper Left 5

Gone. After a long losing battle to save it, my dentist finally decided that Upper Left 5 had to come out. Another bit of the Old Scrote bites the dust, or in the case of UL5, doesn't bite anything any more.
I was really upset that it had to go. Until I saw it. Look at it. What an ugly bit of old ivory it is. Good riddance I say. Mind you, shards of tooth lay all over the place before the final extraction, so you are seeing only the shell of what, after all, has been doing good service in the imperial mouth for nigh on seventy years. I shouldn't be churlish. Oh well, Rest in Peace, old friend.

In June, inshallah, I will have a bridge fitted, a shiny epoxyresin tooth, and then you'd better watch out, T-bone steaks and the rest!

No comments: