Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Trellis on birds

What a joy to hear from my NorthWalian correspondent again after all this time:

Dear Mrs Scrote, she writes, I find your bird observances most interesting. I too put out food for the birds, mostly potato peelings as I cannot afford nigerian seed, etc. Still, if potato peelings were a good enough snack for the late Mr Trellis, they are good enough for throstles and the like, specially seeing how the eat WORMS without even washing them first.
I myself had a strange bird on my clothes line this morning. Judging from the way it was attacking the clothes-pegs, it must of been some kind of woodpecker. I tried to catch it by throwing my whalebone corset over it, but it got away, as birds tend to. If you are ever in North Wales, do call in and we can sit and watch my great tits over a nice cup of tea.
Yours truly
Blodwen Trellis, Mrs, Widow retd.

No comments: