Tuesday, March 03, 2009

A public notice to my son, Jeremy


Winemaking kits have come a long way since my "Ribena" attempts at red wine making in the 1970's. I have done two Cabernet Sauvignons, and the tasting was very encouraging. Andy (my neighbour and oenological mentor) says that they just get better and better the longer you keep them (up to a year).
I now have a Shiraz on the go, and it's a very reassuring sound to hear the bubble-bubble-bubble as the yeast turns the sugar into alchohol.
I am telling you this because I think the first cru will be eminently drinkable at the time when you intend to visit the UK. Just one more reason for not postponing the trip.
Love
Dad
PS You will notice that the wine-brewing process is being supervised by Rupert and friends, as well as by Kiki's bear.

No comments: