Thursday, August 31, 2006

An issue of some gravity


Am I the only one to have noticed that gravity is getting stronger? I have searched the web and the literature and cannot find a single scientist who is aware of this worrying phenomenon. I have no idea what is causing this strengthening of the Earth’s gravitational pull, but I am very aware of its effects, some of which I list below:

1 A greater tendency for objects to slip out of my hand and fall to the ground

2 Greater difficulty in heaving my carcase out of an armchair

3 It's getting harder to lift my feet when walking

4 Climbing over farm gates has become quite an ordeal

5 More and more parts of my body are being pulled towards the Earth’s core.

It's a very disturbing trend, this increase in gravity's grip. But I suppose it's less alarming than the opposite: imagine if objects and one's body parts started floating upwards to the ceiling...


No comments: