Saturday, June 30, 2007

Mrs T addresses a guru

It is such a relief to know that Mrs Trellis is alive and well and still banging the rocks. In her fashion. She writes:
Dear Mahatma Ghandi, I saw your movie the other evening and can't tell you how impressed I was, specially the spinning, which as you know is a Welsh speciality, there being so many sheep here and so little to do nights.
Also, I liked how you enjoyed having young girls around you, propping you up and bringing you tiffin, or whatever it is you Indians drink. Enjoying young girls is another Welsh speciality if the late Mr Trellis is anything to go by.
What I didn't know is that you were also interested in the other kind of birds, the ones with feathers. I thought you were VERY Hindu about those sparrows, personally I would have thrown a bucket of water over them.
One thing I didn't quite grasp: what was that business about the salt? We can buy any amount in our local supermarket, you should have said, you really didn't need to walk all the way across India, though with your bandy legs, you probably needed the exercise. Anyway. if you need any more salt, just let me know.
Yours submersively
Blodwen Trellis, Mrs, Widow, Retired

No comments: