Saturday, June 23, 2007

A Load of Warlocks

Once again, it is a joy to give my NorthWalian correspondent space on my modest little blog. Her latest contribution is truly seminal.
Dear J K Rowling, she writes, first may I say how much I enjoyed your novel Harry Potter and the Lord of the Rings. I rarely get excited by magic, except for Paul Daniels, such a chuchy little man, makes you wonder how he's built, doesn't it, but I think you have really hit the hammer on the brass tacks with your amazing sago. It's almost Icelandic in its epicity.

Anyway, I am writing really to let you know that I have given up vegetarianism, having recently had some bad experiences, including choking on a broccoli stalk and finding half a worm in a half-eaten apple. So, it's back to chicken nuggets and Welsh rabbits for me.

By the way, why haven't you put any Druids in your stories? They are really BAZAAR, believe me, dressed all in ankle-length white frocks and pointy hats and going round burning crosses to intimidate people who don't like poetry. They would fit in a treat with the load of warlocks you write about, not to mention talking trees.

No comments: