Thursday, April 03, 2008

Begone dull shame!

Bugger shame! What do I need with shame at my stage of the game? (Ooh, that wicked assonance! And I didn't even intend it).
No, I am BACK! Both moth traps are set.
Come on, Fate, throw 'em at me - faded ones, little brown jobs, confusion species, moths out of season, moths new to science... See if I care.
And if I catch an Angle Shades, I will feed it a Brazil nut, or whatever they feed on.
You may be wondering what has brought on this resurgence of positive waves. Well, today, I finally washed my Land Rover and discovered that it is not fen-mud grey after all, but a fetching shade of lingerie blue. Like the knickers of a girl who once rejected me, but it's still a nice colour.
It doesn't take much to put the lead back in my cheeks and the colour in my pencil, I can tell you.

No comments: