Thursday, April 03, 2008

Requiescat wherever

Mrs Trellis writes an epitaph

Dear Hughie Green,
she writes, I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw you on the television box last night, and you dead these ten years or more! I don't know how those television people do it, but you can do anything with computers these days.
Anyway, I was always one of your greatest fans, even if, as I now learn, you were shagging everything in sight, you naughty boy.
You had such a lovely voice, and such a lovely head of hair, I fear I too might have succumbed to your charms, given half a chance.
But - forgive me for saying this - I thought you were really sad at the end, with your wife gone, your children gone, and even your lady friends walking out on you. I guess it was a good moment to die.
Anyway, if your wraith ever visits my little Welsh village, do call in and I will fillet a haddock in your honour. Never knock an opportunity, I say! Just my little joke.
Blodwen Trellis, Mrs, Widow, no serious offer refused

No comments: