Saturday, April 05, 2008

Four-cheese pizza

I had a four-cheese pizza last night. Please don't be shocked. I had a nifty salad with it, so it's not all junk news.
Now, to be accurate, I had three-quarters of a pizza last night, and I found the other quarter about ten minutes ago.
As you know, I come from a generation that finds it impossible to waste food (There's a war on. Remember the starving millions in China, etc), so I couldn't throw it away. Well, I could have tossed it on to the back lawn where various sharp-toothed fauna would have made short work of it, but I didn't.
Instead, I ate it.
Bite by soggy bite.
And this is the weird part: it reminded me of the Battle of the Somme. This is no joke. Images of trenches and Kirk Douglas in Paths of Glory flashed before my eyes.
I think I am in serious need of a holiday.

No comments: