Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Doctor, Doctor, what's wrong with me?

Mon Dieu! Bozhe moi! Tanru bana yardim et! And similar appeals to the deities. I have just realised what is happening to me. I have become a victim of potions.
Let me give you a list:
Every day, 1000mg of Vitamin C with 25mg of Aspirin. This will prevent stroke.
Every day, 1000mg of Cod Liver Oil and 1000mg of Glucosamine Sulphate. This will keep my evil Lower Back Pain at bay.
Every day, a glass of Cranberry Juice. This will keep my prostate in check (I think. God knows what my prostate is up to).
And, on call when the panic hits me: Zinc, Echinacea, Ginseng, Valerian and Melatonin. I have no idea what they do. God knows, there are probably others, but in my panic, I forget what they are or what they are for.
Fortunately, there is one medicine that I have no problem with: it comes in 75cl bottles, it is coloured red, and it is - I am told - the way to keep Alzheimer's at bay.
So, parts of me may rot, but my brain will still be equal to the challenge of an Araucaria crossword. Inshallah.

No comments: