Thursday, November 06, 2008

He made it, didn't I?!

What really pleases me is that I predicted that Barack Obama would not win. It's a gift I have always to be wrong. I am left-handed and suffer from directional disorientation, so that, if I am not sure which way to go at a road junction and my instinct is to go left, I know from experience that my best bet is to go right. Perverse or what?
So, what I am saying is, Barack Obama almost certainly owes his victory to me. I don't really mind, although I shall miss the sight of Sarah Palin's mouth opening so wide, it is the spit of the entrance to the Mersey Tunnel that I used to scoot through every day on my way to Liverpool Uni to learn about teaching. I put her photo here because this is the last time you may see her until she is chosen as Republican presidential candidate in 2012.

Funnily enough, Barack Obama has not asked me for advice on how to proceed, and, let's face it, he's taking on a rotten job right now. I would perhaps suggest to him, though, that he avoids driving in an open-topped car anywhere where there are grassy knolls.

No comments: