Thursday, November 20, 2008

I may know nothing about art but....

You know the type:- "I may know nothing about art, but I know what I like". Bloody philistine. Well, I may know nothing about wine, but I know what I don't like.
I told you how a grateful barnowl box erectee gave us a couple of bottles of wine each. Well, tonight I sampled the posh one. The label reads: Domaine du Sauvage LIRAC Appellation Controllee 2000.
My oenophile colleague will probably cross me off his Christmas card list for this, but I have to say that I found it flat, tasteless, unappealing, lifeless and forgettable. It's the kind of plonk I would pour on rusty bolts.
So, that's me relegated to the ranks of the bloody philistines.
Mind you, I still drank the whole fricking bottle - we were taught during the War never to waste anything........

No comments: