Sunday, November 30, 2008

Wine pronounced success

I wish to apologise to Greenpeace and Friends of the Earth that I will henceforth not be doing quite so much to save the planet. The reason? Fewer. if any, of my empty wine bottles will be going to the Bottle Bank because I will need them.
Yes, mes chers potes, the Old Scrote has successfully bottled his first five bottles of home-made Cabernet Sauvignon! My neighbour Andy came round this morning to help me transfer the plonk from the demijohn into the bottles and thereafter to bung in the corks. We sampled it, of course, and found it good. There should have been six bottles, but you know how it is once you start sampling....So impressed was I with the quality of this Chateau Scrote 2008 that I immediately went online to order another batch of syrup.

A note for my son Jeremy
Your dad's plonk may have tasted like Ribena in 1975, but the 2008 variety is the dog's bollocks. Come home and taste it sometime, but hurry: wine doesn't hang around long du cote de chez Scrote.

No comments: