Thursday, November 20, 2008

Weird or what?

My DVD collection grows by leaps and bounds, and last night I watched my latest acquisition, a movie called Remains of the Day, with Antony Hopkins and Emma Thompson. If you haven't seen it, you have missed something really special.
But the main reason I am posting this is to ask a question. You know how before you play the movie, you are given options, such as Special Features, Scene Selection, etc? Well the first and most important option is Language. When I clicked on Language, the choice offered me was:
English
Islenska
That's it. No other choices.
But why Islenska? Why have the good folk of Iceland been picked out for this special treat?
And why have so many much more populous nations, such as France, Spain or Germany, been excluded?
Weird or what?

1 comment:

Chas S. Clifton said...

Especially since I was under the impression that most Icelanders spoke English. (I have not visited the place, alas, to verify that.)