Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hit and miss

As I progressed through the decades, or down the arches of the years if you prefer. I gradually came to realise that one of my greatest faults was my tendency to set myself up for failure.
Today, guys, I am going to learn Turkish! Wrong! Didn't happen.
Today, guys, I am going to lose weight! Wrong! Didn't happen.
Today, guys, I am going to eat healthy! Wrong! Didn't happen.
Today, guys, I am REALLY going to memorise bird calls and song! Wrong! Didn't happen.
And so it goes: targets set, targets missed. So, the blessed moment came when I finally realised I should stop setting up the conditions for yet another failure. And since then, I have been much happier.
Does anyone have Barack Obama's email address? There's something I want to tell him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell me .. I am going to forward it to Obama. :)) (that's MY target!!)


EBRU

Jake Allsop said...

OK, I want to tell him not to accept anonymous mail!