Thursday, September 20, 2007

Mrs T gets proverbial

Dear Mr Gates, she writes, First off, may I admire you for your honesty in deliberating yourself as "microsoft". That takes courage in an age when every man likes to think of himself as "macrohard". I feel sorry for your wife, though, having myself experienced similar accoutrements from the late Mr Trellis, God bless him. Mind you, he was a demon on the harmonium.
But my main reason for writing to you was not to admire your diminutive status, but to say how much I agree with your comments about proverbs and similar aphrodisiacs. Our language is full of such nonsenses. Take "Too many broths spoil the cook" for instance. How can an excess of soup be bad for anyone? And "Lonely hands make lights work", what is one meant to deride from that, electricians accepted?
I will not go on. I know you are a busy man, what with litigation and coping with an excess of money. I just wanted you to know that, as we say in Llanfair pg "A friendly deed is a need indeed". Or something to that affection.
Yours proverbly
Blodwen Trellis, Mrs, Widow, retired.

No comments: