Friday, September 07, 2007

Ungeziefer

This evening, I did a tour of the Old Scrote's Home with a view to making a list of what needs to be done to the old homestead.
I found:
- Spiders everywhere webbing and weaving
- Harvestmen creating whole curtains of gossamer
- Craneflies on their spindly legs immolating themselves on the lights
- Flies of every description falling into the wine and dying on the window ledges
- Woodlice going nowhere in particular - difficult to believe they are crustaceans
- Mosquitoes waiting for me to fall asleep so they can eat me
- Moths munching holes in my socks
- Wasps occupying the whole roof space.

You know, I think Nature is overrated.

2 comments:

ladybug said...

Oh, seems like you have a lot of chores ahead of you. But I'm sure you live in such a peaceful place. Good luck then.

Jake Allsop said...

Thank you, Ladybug. I am employing a strategy at the moment know as "masterly inactivity" - if I wait long enough, the weather will turn colder and all the Ungeziefer will pop their clogs.