Friday, September 07, 2007

Squash and Mrs Trellis

As always, our indefatigable North Walian correspondent weighs in with some pithy observations (sorry about the lisp).

Dear Barack Obama, she writes, I was so endeared by your little piece about Butternut Squash, I just felt I had to write and thank you for reviving memories of my late husband's PRIZE MARROW. It merits the capital letters, it being the only time he exhibited it to the public and won a prize for it.
I believe that you Afrikaaner Americans are very fond of squashes, goodness knows why, they don't taste of anything, although I admit they are nice to look at, as witness the late Mr Trellis' monstrous growth.
Anyway, enough of vegetables. May I say that I think you have all the qualities to become the next President of the Untied States of America, and I have only one suggestion to help you secure the victory you deserve. Why don't you marry that Hillary Clintoris? I think with her serving under you, you would romp home.
Respectuously
Blodwen Trellis, Mrs, Widow

No comments: