Monday, December 03, 2007

Eureka!


Today, surfing my television for something to accompany my mid-morning coffee other than Lorraine Kelly's cleavage, I came upon an item that puzzled me. And then: a flash of insight! Suddenly, in an eureka moment without benefit of bathwater, I KNEW who had invented the Lawn Mower!
It wasn't Flymo or Hayter, much less Honda or Stihl. No, it's a Peruvian piece of ingenuity, invented by a long-gone people called the Nazca. Everyone has sought an explanation for the Nazca lines (see photos). To me, it's very clear: they wanted stripes in their lawns. Also, because of the lack of hedges, would-be topiarists were reduced to etching figures of plants and animals in the sward.
Listen, it may seem unlikely, but I think it's more plausible than all that van Daniken crap.

No comments: