Sunday, December 02, 2007

Trellis does it again

The following letter from North Wales confirms that my faithful correspondent is still all over the ball:

Dear Mr Mandela,
she writes, what a comprehensive man you are! Is there nothing you cannot turn your hand to? One minute you are destroying apartheid, the next minute you are saving mice from incinerification!
By the way, forgive my indescription, but is Mandela your real name or did you adopt it from our Social Security Building in Bangor, Mandela House?

About cagebirds: I advise you to have nothing to do with them. Apart from reminding you of your long years of incastration on Robbin Island, it will do your reputation no good to be seen stuffing wild birds into cages, well, except for your Winnie, who ought to be locked up and the key thrown away, forgive me, but I don't like women who indulge in hankypanky while their husbands are banged up.
If you are ever in North Wales, do visit me and I will prepare you a mealie mealie feast that will put the colour back in your cheeks, begging your pardon, no offence meant.
Yours, Blodwen Trellis, Mrs, Widow, Unabashed.

No comments: