Friday, July 27, 2007

Mrs T addresses the PM

You have to admire Mrs T's persistence. Once again she hits the nail on the point:
Dear Gordon Brown, she writes, first, may I congratulate you on becoming Chancellor of the XChecker, a post for which, they tell me, you are well suited, you being a dab hand at sex-related board games. I thought that person Lionel Blair had hogged the gaming table for far too long, so, well done you! Where is he now, by the way? Guitar player, wasn't he? Probably end up busking on the London Underground!
Anyway, knowing how busy you are, I would not presume to trample on your vaiuable time, but I just wanted to let you know how much I admire your command of the English language, you being a Scot and all, given to och aye the noos, a wee deoch and doris, and other incomprehensible nonsense. Not that that should spoil your game, as long as you keep your mouth shut.
But really, my reason for writing to you is because I just wanted to dissuage you from taking that rhodiola stuff. It's foreign, like garlic, and best avoided. My late husband developed a taste for Korean ginseng, and it was the devil's own job to hold him down when he got "physical", although, bless him, his way of working off his excess energy fortunately never involved me.
Yours commensurately
Blodwen Trellis, Mrs, Widow, retired

No comments: